What is a Standardized Patient?
- A Standardized Patient (SP) is a healthy person trained to portray the personal history, physical symptoms, emotional characteristics and everyday concerns of an actual patient
- An SP is a dynamic educational tool for a variety of settings such as interactive teaching environments, group demonstrations, clinical examinations, videos or portrayal customized to meet the client’s needs.
- An SP is trained to provide constructive feedback, from the patients unique perspective, to learners at all levels of training.
Who are our Standardized Patients?
- A roster of 500 people from various backgrounds ranging in age from 10 to 85
- Visual artists, retired teachers, lawyers, doctors, actors, home keepers and more
- People with flexible schedules
- Intelligent, emotionally mature, articulate, reliable and generous in spirit
- Healthy in mind and body